Monday 26 July 2010

Start to sew

As long as I can remember I liked to craft.
Made small fish out of towelling. Handicrafted crazy envelopes for the many letters I wrote as a teenager. Modelled little man in clay. Thrifted angels for the christmas tree.


During the passed few years I tried sewing with a machine and since last winter I sank my teeth into it as an antidote for the difficult times in real life.
The problem is I never learned to sew. In my grandmothers age this would have been unthinkable, but nowadays you can easily finish high school without ever touching a sewing machine, a pressure cooker or a drill.
Luckily we have this thing called the internet and you can find (almost) anything there: sewing techniques, free patterns, tips, inspiration. The downside is that it takes a lot of time to actually find the thing you're looking for in the overload of information. And a lot of times the tutorials are made for intermediate or expert seamstresses and not for beginners.
That's where this blog comes in. Every month I will try one of the patterns I find and I will explain every little step. I will find solutions for every problem to overcome and I will write about them here.
'Cause it's a lot more fun if other people can enjoy the benefits of my undertaking. So welcome and let's start sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment